John Ratzenberger will deliver the featured keynote at the 2018 Spring Business Meeting. Known widely as Cliff Clavin in Cheers and the voice of many beloved Pixar characters, he is Hollywood’s most outspoken advocate for American manufacturing and skilled labor.
Creator of a foundation that develops and funds manufacturing summer camps and scholarships nationwide, John works tirelessly to shine a light on the importance of manufacturing and trades. He speaks to groups across the country about eliminating the stigma around the trades while providing much needed training opportunities for students, returning veterans and out-of-work Americans.
He serves on the Presidential Task Force on Apprenticeship Expansion.
Join colleagues from across the U.S. and learn about ways to bridge the gap in skilled labor. This year’s meeting also includes a presentation from Dr. Diane E. Thornton, Executive Director of Learning for Life whose signature program, Exploring, introduces teens and young adults to new careers across a variety of industries.
6 REASONS TO ATTEND
- Hear what NARI is doing to address the skilled trades labor gap
- Join in the Pit Crew Competition at the Charlotte-hosted event
- Find out how industry partners are supporting Workforce Development
- Meet with your fellow committee members in person
- Get together with remodeling peers from across the nation
- Be there when the 2018 National CotY Awards are handed out!
Thanks to our host chapter, NARI Greater Charlotte.